Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday minus the blues...

My first day of bumming around -Phase 2. Day was spent in Midvalley and Gardens. Went down with Sissy, and did a lil shopping with her before she headed back to Kampar. Met up with a friend who happened to be in Midvalley, we sat down for a cup of coffee in Starbucks, Borders, and I went ranting away about things. After he heartlessly dumped me alone, I sat there in Borders and continued reading.

I picked up the book Empress Orchid by AnCheeMin in Kinokuniya last Thursday, read a few chapters and decided that I'm going to just read it from the bookstore. Hrmm.. it's not that I'm a cheapskate, but it's just not one of those books which makes me feel like I must have it. It was just a good read. The last book that I fell in love was " Secrets of a Rainbow Goddess", it was one book that I couldn't put down until I completed it. And I remember crying after reading the ending of the book. Ok, I admit that I cry easily, but this is the very first time I have shed tears reading a book. It was as though I really felt what the character was going through in the story. Wanna read it? gimme a buzz.

Back to Empress Orchid, I did not actually complete the book, I finished a lil more than half of the book, and find it a little too much for my brain today. The book combines fiction and a lot of historical facts in there, thus the overdose. Shall return to Borders this week to finish reading it.

No comments: