Thursday, May 29, 2008

in a daze

so much has happened these 2 weeks. i feel like i dun have time to stop and breathe.. kinda sounds like my own version of stop and stare. btw, i love that sound. can't seem to get it out of my mind.

Last whole week has been a tiring week with all the training going on, and had lotsa complicated discussions. both work and non work. sigh.. someone made me wonder if all guys have gone a lil more mushy than girls.. or am i the one with the big change?

managed to unwind a bit over the weekend, startin with Friday nite. catched up with an old friend, had dinner and drinks. Saturday was a quite day at home, was watching series the whole morning and in the afternoon was supposed to go help out as a volunteer with Tzu-Chi at Jusco Kepong. was there with my mom and sis, only to find out they don't really need help at Jusco as they have enough volunteers. ooh.. just to clear things up, they were collecting funds for the victims of the SiChuan earthquake. the most tragic topic lately. Volunteered to help them at their door-to-door funds collection this weekend though. They also have donation drives at markets and pasar malams.
It's a good thing. I should be keeping in touch with them more often, catching up where i left my voluntary work few years back.

Had an early start on Sunday, got up early to do some chores - cleaning, laundry, etc. Then, we left for Bentong bout 10am. Have decided to try the ever famous wan tan mee at Yuen Kee. Waited bout 30 minutes before they plopped down 6 bowl of messy looking noodles on our table.Nevertheless, the wait was worth it, as it was really good ! Have not had a good bowl/ plate wan tan mee for some time already.

Back at Grandma's house, i started to work on my report, will be having a post-mortem for the training that I've been attending on Monday morning. I started writing and writing.. until my cousin sis came in to chat with me. We catched up a lot of the past, bout how we lost my cousin bro in an accident, bout how she was treated by her MIL.. at the end, it left me tearing up. then i was saved by the bell. The ice-cream man ! :)

It was really a slow and lazy day in Bentong.. love how peaceful it gets at grandma's place. it has always been no 1 on my get-away list.. peace and quiet, cold breezy weather, and grandma's 'cincai' but absolutely yummy food. what else can i ask for? (best of all, no hotel charges ! :P)

so if i go missing for a week or two.. that's probably the first place you want to look. that is IF you are looking..

No comments: