Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Last Weekend

Am I leaving the country again? I wished! After watching Under the Mountain yesterday, I really wished I could zap myself back to NZ. The movie was filmed in NZ and revolves around the volcanoes in Auckland - namely Rangitoto, Mt Eden, Lake Pupuke and a few others. It was a movie that we picked by chance, and I was quite glad we chose that. Oh, watching the movie reminded me so much of my awesome 6 months, and that kiwi accent that I'll never pick up !

Well, it's my last weekend of unemployment. I'm starting work tomorrow, yay! - I actually can't wait to start. You would too, if you have been home for 3 months *gulp*
I definitely did make the fullest of my last UE weekend, was in KLCC on Friday night. Went down to celebrate Karyn's bday, we had dinner at Chinoz on the Park. Spaghetti Carbonara was highly recommended, thus the multiple orders at the table, but as I'm not a fan of creamy pasta, I ordered Fish n Chips. Though it came late, it was not a disappointment at all ! A huge piece of fish, served with mashed peas and tartare sauce. And the chips was serve separately. It was quite yum ! I couldnt make out what fish they used, but it's probably not the frozen dory that many restaurants would use. comparable to some fish n chips I had in NZ! Can't wait to try out Magnificient Fish & Chips @ Changkat. Heard so much about it, but haven't got down there myself.
Karyn's friend made her cupcakes - I don't know if there's a name for it, but I would call it Oh,so Sinful! She used Kahlua in the rich chocolate cake, and Baileys in the butter icing - finished with silver beads. Wished I brought my camera.
Though some of them were going to Zouk, I made my way home. Was feeling a lil sleepy plus having an early rise the next day.

First half of my Saturday was spent in Bentong. We had breakfast at 'Big House' and then spent some time in grandma's house. We also dropped by Daddy's newest obsession at Bukit Tinggi, his new 'resort' , there's a pool, a lil hut, andtoilets at the mo. Pictures will be posted later. Later part of the evening, I met up with a dear friend and his beloved in Mid Valley. They came down from Ipoh to attend a friend's wedding in Klang. We headed to Spaghetti Grill for dinner, that is after dropping by Mac to have a look. ( She informed me,*in disappointment,* that there's no Mac in Ipoh, and MNG only opened in the past 2 years)
Dinner at Spaghetti Grill was a lil disappointing, as the food turned out to be so-so.However, the set dinner priced at RM16.95, consisted a soup, main course, bottomless beverage, and dessert, it's quite a catch. But I realised we left the restaurant without being served dessert. Oh well, according to the waiter,they were serving JUST vanilla ice-cream.

After dinner,I then met up with See Ying for a 9pm movie. That is after changing into flip flops from her car. What a relief for my permanently scarred heels. The story begins like this - I wore my new pair of court shoes to MV, thinking of breaking into it, unfortunately, it gave me blisters after 30 mins of walking in them, and the blisters broke, and I was in the worst agony.Even plasters didn't help then. (Gray called me a softy for this, no I am not!!) . I just hope I'll be alrite tomorrow.

And now, good nite people.

3 comments:

Jessyca said...

IS this spagetti grill in mid valley? never notice got such outlet also! But since you commented the food is 'so-so' I wonder should I at least give it a try! haha~

Amanda said...

Hey Jess,

I guess I did not give them much credit this time by saying it's so-so. Well, the food is ok, and for that price you pay, it's definitely a fair price. It was my first time ordering a set dinner, and I quite like their chicken mushroom soup, which did NOT come from a can. Read my other post for a fairer judgement on Spaghetti Grill.

http://bisingblabbers.blogspot.com/2010/01/spaghetti-grill-mid-valley.html

Thanks for dropping by btw.

See Ying said...

haha.. thank GOD, we choose the right movie..
ya next time i shall just rent you my shoe.. 2nd time u call me for that dy ... hahahaha
anyway all the best for your new job..
see u in KLCC.. but i doubt u got time for me though....