Monday, April 20, 2009

Week 2 in NZ

It's my second week here in Hamilton. Funny, it feels like a long time already. Was down with a lil flu last week, thanks to Tracy's prescriptions, that knocked me off for more hours than I can rmb, I'm all well now.

Over the weekend, I did lotsa walking. Am glad I got those Reeboks, pretty comfy but don't think it can stand the chill though. On Friday, I walked to town, thinking of saving that 3 dollars bus fare, just to discover that the buses over the weekend are all FOC. Thanks to the Hamilton V8 street race. So, a day in town I spent, walking around , taking more photos, and looking for a job at the same time. Did a little window shopping and set my eyes on a pair of boots. oooh la la.. boy was it pretty. I didn't buy it though, I think i'll wait.

On saturday, Tracy, Phyo & I went for a walk in Hamilton Gardens, my my, it was a very lovely walk. Really liked the Japanese garden and the Rose Garden. They had roses in almost every colour you can imagine ! Have all the pics on my facebook. After a good walk, the afternoon was dedicated to shopping ! well window shopping and groceries shopping to be exact. Bought all i need from Pak n Save, that should last me for the whole of this week, and mayb a bit of next! Was supposed to watch a movie at night with Trace, but i fell asleep halfway, thanks to the flu medicine. So it was a good night sleep til lthe next day.
On Sunday I decided to make full use of the free buses, so i hopped on a bus and got to town. From there, I took another bus to Claudelands, the Hamilton Farmers' Market was there. There were stalls set up, and they all had something homemade or homegrown for sale. There were carrots, beetroots, chillis, apples, feijoas, you name it ! There were other stalls selling meat, fish, flowers and bread. The best was the aroma from the freshly brewed coffee and sizzling sausages on the hot pan! And all of these accompanied by some country singing. What a Sunday !
Sunday afternoon was spent reading , taking a short nap and preparing dinner.Nice!

No comments: