Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A day out with Phyo

Phyo had to run some errands today, and thought I'll just tag along. First, we went to Waikato University, it is such a beautiful campus, surrounded with greens, and a lake with ducks swimming in it. I'll study better with all that I think ! haha
Next , we headed to the city, she had to send her car for repair, and apparently it will take bout 2 hours. So after leaving the car at Anglesea Repairs, we walked along Victoria St, searching for food, for our brunch.. We were spoilt for choices of course, but price plays a very important factor too ! aha.. In the end, we settled for Ronnie's cafe, where she had Eggs Benedict and Flat White for $13.90 and myself - Chicken Foccacia and Cappucino for $7.50. The food is quite yum! We had a good time chatting and chilling out there. Next, we walked over to the library, I really like the library, it's open to public and you can borrow up to 20 items at one go, including magazines and DVDs. Plus they have some really cool stuffs too. One particular section of the library caught my attention, it says cancelled items for sale. These are books and dvds that the library has decided to get rid off - they could be old, damaged, or replaced with a newer copy already. The price of each item , 20 cents! what a catch ! I mean if you find something worth buying of course, I did a quick browse, and a copy of Sidney Sheldon's Stranger in the Mirror caught my attention. I took it into my hands, flipped through, looks pretty good to me, so I went to the counter and paid for it. 20 cents for a hardcover novel.. What a steal.
After lotsa window shopping and walking, we decided to drop by the repair centre, just to discover that the car needs more work, so it's either she comes back another day, or she leaves her car overnite, and pick it up tomorrow. Phyo settled for the latter, we both thought that was a better idea. So, we walked over to the transport centre and took a bus home.
What a day..

No comments: