Thursday, April 16, 2009

A day at the Park

Easter weekend was over, but not for the kids, they are still having their school holidays. And there was this big event for them at Lake Rotoroa, or also known as Hamilton Lake. It was Easter at the Park. The event was scheduled to start at 12 noon, so I got up early that morning, checked my mail, confirmed the details of the event again, and got going ! I walked towards the Waikato Hospital, which Tracy has shown me last week, and from there, I'm kinda clueless. Smart me, i didn't check where exactly the picnic will be held, cos it's a huge lake ! So, with the Hamilton brochure in my hands, I just walked my way to where I think the park is, and I found it !
How did I know ? cos i saw this...

Minus the lil kids in there, they were just setting up the bouncy castle when I got there.

It was a lovely day outside, with the ducks swimming in the lake, children runnning around the playground, families laying out a picnic.. something was just missing. That's right, I should have brought a picnic mat and some proper food too ! Not a cereal bar !

Walked around and snapped some photos while waiting for the event to start. Among the ones that I wanna share..


Looks familiar? Now we know that Desa Park City wasn't that creative afterall :P and.. we did play it the right way!

The event started at 12 noon, so i sat back, leaning on a tree and enjoyed myself, watching the kids singing along to The funky Monkeys, and hunting for easter eggs. Sadly for me, I found none. I lined up for a free hot dog though. Yum !

At 2plus, I walked around , did some groceries , and then head back home. And that was a day.

No comments: