Wednesday, April 15, 2009

NZ : The weekend trip to Rotorua

It was Easter weekend, and everyone made plans to go somewhere as they had Friday and Monday off. So did Trace & I. Initially, she suggested Coromandel, and I thought of going to Rotorua again. And there were 2 groups of Malaysian who were heading there. So decide..the couple, or the big group. In the end, we decided, the bigger group, so that I won't need to be witnessing PDA, if there were any.

So a very last minute decision was made on Thursday night, and I started packing for the weekend. I wonder if i would get along with them.. cos Trace was not going, she had to stay back to work on her presentation and studies. Doctors..

So I got up at 7+, cos I was told that they are coming to pick me up at 8-ish, little did we know, they only reach here at noon. Ah, Malaysians ! Not that I'm not one. hehehe.Met the happy friends, they are - Timothy, Pang Sheen, Aaron, Jun Wei, Yen Yi, Giovanni and Penny, oh and Kevin. They are very nice people. We reached Rotorua past lunch and headed straight to Skylines - we are goin to the the luge, again for me ! Was here the last time with Dennis & Sue. A few of us decided to be more adventurous, and bought the package with Sky Swing. Turned out that it was just the 3 of us who was adventurous - Kevin, Aaron and myself. It was an awesome ride ! Watch the video below..

Besides the luge, we also visited Wai-o-tapu Thermal Wonderland to see the Lady Knox Geyser erupt and then a long walk around the park. Next destination was Hells Gate for mud bath and sulphur spa.. Hrmm spent quite a bit there, but nvm ler.. once in a while ! :P
We spent 2 nights in Kiwi Paka backpackers, it is quite a comfy place, if only the heater and hot water was working. haha. Learnt how to play Mafia as well, quite an interesting game.
Come Sunday, the trip was coming to an end, we walked around Kuirau Park, took more photos, and then headed to Lake Rotorua for somemore photo taking. There was a flea market going on as well, and i must say, that's my favourite! more like a total weakness as well, cos i will always end up buying lotsa stuff from flea markets ! After 2 hours of walking around the market, damage done was only $30 and my gains were a bright red bag, a paua ring, a keychain, a love novel, a jumper, 2 ski caps, and 10 mini doughnuts for lunch! Guess I gained more huh ?
So that was my weekend trip with my new found friends.

No comments: