Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sex and The City

finally, i watched Sex and the City. watched it with my colleagues @ Pavilion yesterday. it has been a long awaited movie, SATC ended at Season 6 where we saw Carrie moving to Paris to be with the Russian, and just to find herself back in Big's arm. And then came July 08, when Carrie and her best friends along with her Manolo Blahniks, Prada and Dior will finally hit the big screens.

The addiction started 6 years ago when i was introduced to this series by Cheng Yee. I was back in uni then and used to hang out at her place to watch one or two episodes before dozing off on her bed in her air conditioned room. =)
After Season 1, i was hooked on to it, then i started sourcing for it myself. Back then, i never knew the existence of online streaming sites nor torrent sites, so it was good old Kazaa. Episode after episode, i waited patiently for it to download. The anticipation made me a more serious addict. After 6 years, I'm still a big fan.. the tv series has made me cry and laugh, and so did the movie yesterday.

As there were 9 of us, we occupied the whole row in the cineplex. even the guy who was sitted in the seat beside me switched to the back row. i wonder if it was the smell of the 1901 hotdog or our noise that turned him off. hahaa.

As the movie progresses, i find myself laughing and crying at the same time. It was a good thing that it wasn't a very packed cinema... so no one saw it i hope. There were some scenes and some conversations that took place which reminds me very much of what i've been through, or what i am going through. Given the fact that i know exactly what happened to the characters prev, i could relate to it better and i kinda feel them in some scenes. ok, sounds a bit over, but i get kinda emo when i'm watching series that i really really like. Cried like a baby whenever i'm watching The OC, and sometimes, Desperate Housewives make me cry too. ok fine, i know i'm a cry baby. but i can't help it. i must be having some kinda tear gland disorder.
when i checked my watch, it was past 8pm, and the movie was coming to an end.. and i knew that was the finale of SATC.. and i just sat there enjoying the last mins of it. wiped my tears before the lights came on, didn't want the rest to see me teary when they were laughin throughout the movie..

We all went on our own ways, heading back home. and as for me, my mind kept thinking all the way home...
i wonder..which ending would i get in the future, would it be Carrie's, Miranda's , Charlotte's or mayb Samantha's?

that i need to decide, and work for it..

No comments: