Sunday, January 10, 2010

Played tourist for the day

It started out with me being a tour guide for a friend from Canada. The plans included a visit to Petronas Skybridge, a walk around the city and some eating out. Thanks to KTM, which in my opinion, stands for Kurang Tepat Masa, I only got down to town at 11am! The tickets to Skybridge would have been long gone. And, the plan to eat lotsa Malaysian food was also a lil farfetched as Sinan was vegetarian. Hrmm... that leaves us with not much choices now.

Then I played tourist, we walked to Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve, and did a walk around the nature trail. We were lucky to jump in the guided walk, so we had a pretty informative walk. After that it was Chinatown, in search of a new hostel, Dataran Merdeka, and Masjid Jamek. In between, we made a pit stop at KL Library, just to check it out and cool down of course :P. Despite the dark clouds, it was a mighty hot day !

We then grabbed a bite in Petaling St, before we said goodbye. I don't think I was a pretty good guide, but I did show him quite a bit of local delicacies. Among the new food that Sinan tried was tau fu fa, ciku,jambu air and herbal tea. I hope he'll have many more new experiences to come !

No comments: