Monday, March 2, 2009

The decision

It's finally been done..

The decision has been made. Have finally break the news to boss bout my intentions to leave to pursue my backpacking dream. The decision was definitely questioned, given the fact that economy isn't looking good everywhere. His first question was " Would you be able to find a job?"

To my dear friends whose losing me here, I'm packing my bags and traveling to NZ for a working holiday experience. Expected to be there for 6 months, though ppl around me keep expecting me to not come back. do you really mean that? won't you miss me? hehe
Eversince I was a child, I have always wanted to pursue my studies overseas, I never had that chance as I went to a local uni. I'm not saying that I regret it, infact I treasure every minute, every second of my 4 years in MMU. That was where I met Darling, and what we shared was some of the best memories that I've had.

When I was in uni, I dreamt about goin backpacking with some friends once I graduate.. but that never realised too, there were no friends that shared the same passion, and there was no budget for that. Just like every graduate, I came out to work, earning an average income, spending my money all for myself.. and a lil for mom and piggy sis ( who is always asking me to buy her sushi!). Only in year 2 of working, I started saving bigger sum of my money, and this became the funds for my NZ trip.

Last year, I find myself at a turning point of my life, and there was a voice that said, it's now or never. That's when I made the decision to apply for my NZ working holiday. I know this decision affected him and it was indeed a heavy decision to swallow. But deep down, I hope he would understand why, and would see the bigger picture in due time..

My flight is one month away, and my mind is clouded with thoughts and emotions. Some are more important matters while some are tiny lil paranoia thought. My friend had to virtually hit my head to remove those negative thoughts. *piak piak* Ouch...

Ok ok . point taken. will try to be more optimistic !

7 comments:

YEN said...

will going to miss u and i know it...it sounds so heavy erm through the words and know ur emotions is real heavy...anyway i have nothing to say but just wish u all the best!

* Nette * said...

hey girl... it's gonna be an eye-opener and something worthwhile. You're still young, so go and explore and be adventurous if you need to. Fulfill what you dream of doing and come back with a happy heart and lotsa experience.

do take care, have fun, remember to keep your family posted on how u r doing and most importantly, ENJOY yourself :)

* if u have internet access, keep us posted on your whereabouts and adventures *

Amanda said...

Floting Ice,
Let's meet up soon before my departure.. and eh, i can't access to your blog again. permission denied.

Nette darling,
Wah, didn't know that u read my blog too. I'm not that young d, so must go explore. hehe. make sure your big day is really next year this time ! or not I'll insist on a webcam session !

YEN said...

yea i know i keep my blog as my own diary like that liou only few of my friend can access it...erm the whole blog is about my truely me myself...something that i don't know should i just let u know about it but then...i dunno...erm maybe i will just let u have the address again...erm means i'll add u in again but then am still thinking...but promise that u will not leak out anything about it if can..

dapest said...

I hope tat is the only *piak i need to give u ah...the next one is a *boink*...hehehe

* Nette * said...

haaaa.. yes i do read your blog. u are still hyounger than me so yes u re still YOUNG! kakakaka... my big day ar.. aiyoo i also dunno when. I'll just tell you its next year la... then next year i'll tell u the same... hahahaa...

Anonymous said...

i'm glad that you've finally made your decision and you're able to do what u've always dream of doing... i will miss u dearly and remember to take care of yourself always... hugs