Monday, March 16, 2009

My last day at work

Came March 13.

The day finally came, my last day at work it is. Coincidentally aunty was on leave today, so I took the train to work. It was raining all the way from Kepong til I reach office. Infact it was still raining up till 10am. what a gloomy day, describes a fraction of my thoughts too.

Had mixed feelings as I emptied out my drawers, my file holder, and my table. Thought that I would feel really sad to leave, but I didn't. It was like any other Friday at work, except that I wasn't doing work. Went around to see some other colleagues, to tell them that I was leaving, was deleting most of the folders in my PC, and was composing my goodbye email. Yeap, it's finally my turn to write one.

Time seem to pass really fast too, a blink of an eye and it was 4+ already. Then came that last few minutes to 5pm, where I was asked to give a speech. A short one I gave, couldn't bear to give a long one as I was afraid that I would tear. And after my short speech, they presented me with some prezzies, a Casio digital watch, a Insights Guide to NZ, and a T shirt with all their signatures ! Then came the photo session, and the hugs session. Was a lil teary when I hugged some of the colleagues, but stopped myself from crying. After all, I've been there for 2.5 years. Sedih jugak ya! Well, all in all, my time with the company has been a great experience. Made greater working with my boss! haha, gotta give him some credit ler. My 2.5 years has been filled with joy, laughter, tears, anger, frustration and stress! And the people that I have worked with, made it unforgettable for me. Thanks guys !

So this is it ! My emancipation from Marcus Evans.. and here comes the customary picture..



A must take pic for all ME leavers. :)

No comments: