Friday, March 6, 2009

A day off from work.. not really

Am on leave today ! wheee... So I woke up at 10.30am, did some laundry, showered and got all ready to leave home, wanted to go down to MSL travel to apply for my IYTC. I got to the last step of the staircase just to find the whole house empty and mom was missing ! After a phone call to mom, only I know she is out shopping at Ikea. ish ish.. apparently since 8plus..

That leaves me no choice but to walk to the KTM station, gosh it took me almost 30 minutes to walk there, it's either I took the longer way, or I'm just slow. Was drenched in sweat when I reached the KTM station, it was a good thing that the train came in 10 mins.

After applying my IYTC at MSL Travel, I walked down to Tunes hotel on Jln Sultan Ismail. Wasgoin to meet up with 2 friends to have lunch. They were bringing me to the Spicy Pan Mee at Restoran Kin Kin. I have been talking bout going there one day, and today is the day! Aha! Waited but 20 mins before our noodles arrived, looks good, fine strands of noodles,minced pork and anchovies, topped with a poached egg.
Notice the big bottle of chili flakes?


Lesson of the day : Never put 1 tablespoon of chili

The super spicy pan mee.

The specialty here is the dry chili flakes which is super spicy. As you can see, i took a tablespoon of it for photography purposes, but I ended up mixing the whole lot into my noodles. and it was super duper spicy !! After finishing up my bowl of noodles, only i realised, hmm.. the only thing that i tasted was the spicy sensation, other than that, it was just texture in my mouth..Hmm.. not so great after all, just for the experience sake then !

After lunch I dropped by office a while, now you see why i said it's not really a day off from work? Colleagues were suprised to see me, and glad I hope, cos some was under the impresson that I missed them. oh, poor delusional fellas. Haha. ok I'm just being mean. Actually stayed there till 5pm..gosh. Just like another day at work.

Went over to Mid Valley to meet up with Giin Shing and Chee Heng for dinner. Had food from this Thai place in Gardens.. it was just so - so. Not satisfied at all ! Was supposed to go out for yumcha after Mid V, but was too tired so I decided to pass. Took a shower and wanted to sleep early, but ironically, here I am blogging at 2am.. Life's just like that.

No comments: