Monday, March 9, 2009

Quality time spent

This weekend has been a roller-coaster of emotions. So much that I won't know where to start, or perhaps i won't wanna talk about it anymore. But the important thing is, I feel much better now.

At the age of 25, do you still lie down and cry on mommy's lap? Well, I did. And it made me feel a whole lot better. Talking to mom bout things that I only dreamt of telling her, sharing with her things that I never thought she would understand, but she did. And her words of advice was golden. Sometimes, as we grow up, the age gap between us and our parents gets bigger, and the communication gap tend to widen too. We eventually forget that our parents have been there, done that, thus, they know better. In my case, mom said " I've been there, I know how you feel, and what you should do. And she is right. Though I grow up with parents that are very sporting and supportive, public display of our affections is still something new. Well to be exact, we ain't that expressive of our emotions. After our long chat ( Negaraku was playing on ntv7, but we didn't do a standing ovation of cos) , as mom went back to her room to sleep, I text her " I love you mommy" and she replied " I love u 2." From this, I knew we moved on to a different level, and I'm happy.
Quality time with mom.

Today, I slept in till 10am. Well, actually I got up bout 7+, after both mom and dad came into my room to ajak me for breakfast. They came in separately, mind you. First mom, then dad - as if not believing her that I don't wanna go. Nah, let them go 'berdua-duaan'. Then at 10am, dad called, and asked if I still wanna sleep, when I asked where was he, he said he was just downstairs.. What?? oh dear.. my dad can be such a joker at times. ha ha
Did some chores, fried some pancakes for daddy, then I got ready and drove out to Desa Park City. Brought my novel there, and my diary as well. I've decided to sit down and finish up my novel, and at the same time, jot down some thoughts. Settled on a spot outside Kay's cafe. Ordered Thai Fried Rice and Ice Lemon Tea, I was starving already since I rejected the breakfast invitation. The fried rice was quite good, for the price of RM 9, it came with a bowl of tom yam soup, and 4 prawns and 2 pieces of sotong. yeah , I counted.
I sat there for a good few hours, though I was there all alone, it felt good. With the light breeze and the green view ahead, I find it very relaxing and my mind was at peace. Oh, the simple things in life.
Close to 4pm, my objective was reached. Finished my book, and did some writing. Paid my bill and went off the MaxValue. I picked up a few items, and drove home.
Quality time with myself.

We made plans to go back to Bentong for dinner. When I was younger, I didn't appreciate these trips as much, as I felt the journey back was forever. Now, I learn to appreciate these gatherings, it's bout an hour away, I don't usually fall asleep in the car anymore, and I'm delighted to go home and see my beloved "ye ye ma ma". My grandparents.
Dinner was scrumptious as usual, and it's always a pleasure sitting next to my 'ye ye' , seeing him enjoy his dinner. After dinner, as we rested in grandma's house, I had a good chat with grandpa, always enjoyed talking to him and listen to him speak in our Kwangsi dialect. It's a pity we youngsters don't speak in that dialect de. At bout 10.30pm, we made our way home.
Quality time spent with granparents.

After a dramatic February, I've learned to cherish people around me so much more. You will never know when they might leave you.

Yawn. time to go.


No comments: