Sunday, October 24, 2010

A retweet

It's only when we truly know and understand that we have limited time in earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, then we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.

This is a retweet from my bro's blog, for some reason I find the quote very inspiring, and decided to 'borrow' it. It's sad that we sometimes only realise things when it's slipping away from your fingers, or worst, it has slipped away. It could be a loved one, a family, or even the neighbour that you never smiled to.

Carpe diem - a Latin phrase that has popularly been translated to " Seize the day" . It is a saying by Horace, a Roman leading poet, the original phrase is much longer and actually means Seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the future". I often myself pondering on the many what-ifs in life. I know that I am sometimes too cautious, especially where emotions are concerned. I have been contemplating some decisions for months, being very careful in what I say and what I project. And then it hit me that, this is probably not the way to do it. You know very well that you only live once, and you should follow your heart. I suppose I let the logic get the better of it. Is there logic in love tho?

Being sitting around thinking of a few things, not knowing what I should do, or rather where I should start. Then I realised how important timing is, after all, it is never about doing just the right thing, but the right thing at the right time. The fuss about 'good timing' is reflected strongly in the Chinese culture, look at a wedding ceremony, it's all about keeping things in a particular time frame.
And my question is, is this the right time? Or I missed the " 吉时" ?

No comments: