Sunday, April 11, 2010

Backdated: Shamala's wedding

It's been a while since I posted anything, blame it on work. Not entirely the reason, it just seems easier to say that. Well it's not entirely wrong tho, as I do find myself absolute shattered at the end of the day, thus I cannot muster the energy to write and post up pictures. Been falling asleep in front of my desk while harvesting my crops on FV,( yes, it's my trademark to fall asleep on my desk). And lately, the weather is just horribly warm and humid, its almost like you can't sit still and not sweat.

Anyways, last Saturday, I attended a ex-classmate's wedding, have decided to be festive and drape myself in a saree ( Traditional Indian Costume). My sister having worn that for a function, tied the saree for me, and I thought it looked pretty alright. Until I went to the ladies at the wedding function - the pleats were all messy when I stepped out of the cubicle. In my vain attempt to straighten my saree, two elderly women spotted me and offered help. They basically stripped me off the few metres long material, and draped me all over again. Yes, in the ladies it was. That was quite a sight, a Chinese girl standing helplessly in the washroom, and having 2 other women dress me up! They did it so quickly and I looked so much in place after that. What else? Bring out the cameras, it's not everyday that I wrap myself up in a fancy costume. Here's a picture of Patricia and I. We go way back to high school, where we were partners in crime, and used to talk about 'our friends'. Am hoping to go on a trip with her at the end of this year, Cambodia probably.

Patricia and I

2 comments:

Michelle Y said...

That is a very nice sari babe! And you look radiant!

dapest said...

I never knew u were stripped in the ladies. LOL!!!. looks like ur sis didn't tie the saree up properly then. hehehe.

Well did u learn how did the ladies tie it back for you? teach me...il wear the saree and u