Sunday, April 25, 2010

Backdated: A lovely treat at Sage, Rooftop @ Gardens

I have been away for so long, blame it all on work and the unstable Streamyx connection back at home. And of course, the author - Me.

On a mad hectic Friday, I was brought out to wine and dine at Sage, a lovely restuarant on the rooftop of Gardens Hotel and Residences. It was a delightful way to end the week, as it hass been madness and full of nasty suprises. Thanks dear for the treat.

I believe many has written about this restaurant, and what I would be writing is far from the great reviews of fellow floggers. And since I did not have my camera with me, would not be doing any justice to Chef's creation of the night. (Well, we do have some shots of the scrumptious meal, but they need a little TLC from Picasa before they can be revealed.) We both settled for the Sage Set Dinner, which comprised of an appetizer, a main course, and dessert of course. We had a hard time deciding, but we finally made up our minds. We had a glass of red and white wine. Red for his Angus steak and Sauvignon Blanc for my fish.

After taking our orders, we sat back and enjoyed the lovely ambience of the restaurant, chatting over warm bread and basil pesto dip. They brought us the amuse-bouche of the night, ( a lil flavourful bite to amuse your palate, a French term pronounced as a-myuz-bush). It was a lovely cream of asparagus, with lil bits of raw scallops, and topped with fish roe,served in a shooter glass and a tea spoon.

Our wine came, and then followed by our interesting starters, I had the Seared foie-gras with grapes, and JM had the Truffled oil porcini mushroom cream. Well, there were other starters that souded very appealing, but I thought I'll find out what foie-gras is all about. First bite... mmm... interesting...and yum.... as I go on to second and third bite..urm, dear, you can have it all. I think it takes an acquried taste, as many has complimented on the heavenly and creamy texture of foie gras, so it's just me I guess. The cream of porcini was creamy and very well flavoured. A wise choice!

The main courses came shortly after we have cleared our plates - Angus beef with mashed potatoes, and Grilled seabass with king prawn. I was quite glad I did not order the rack of lamb as I took the first bite of my fish, I knew I am in the mood for seafood that night! The fish was cooked to perfection, with a bit of crisp on the skin and served with a king size prawn, and baby pak choy.Flakes of the succulent fish, dipped in the very interesting wakame sauce, I finished every morsel of it ! Of course, I did share, and let JM try some of my dish. :) My choice of Marlborough Sauvignon blanc, complemented the seabass very well. Reminds me of the many bottles I had back in NZ.

As we finished our meal, we were all ready and excited to order our dessert, I finally decided on the Earl Grey ice-cream against the Peach melba sorbet. I love sorbets and especially fruity ones, but my liking for tea flavoured ice cream prevailed that night. JM ordered a hazelnut souffle with chocolate ice-cream.My my, what a sinful treat for the night. And of course a cup of freshly brewed coffee to capped it off for the night. It was really, a lovely dinner, a treat to my horrible long day.
Hmm.. at the rate of my workload, I'll probably need these treats once a week ! *hint hint*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha *hint* taken! I've actually got another place in mind and its somewhere that will not only entice ure tastebuds but will tantalize all ure other senses as well! ;)