Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Buzz

'Tis the season to be jollyy..... fa la la la la la la la ...

Christmas has come and go. It's insane how fast time passes when you are not noticing. This year has gone by incredibly fast, it felt like just weeks ago that I was packing to go away, and now I'm back, and the year is coming to an end.
This year, it's a pretty quiet celebration for us, well, the party on Xmas eve wasn't exactly quiet, but it was far from wild. It was a simple get together for family and friends. As usual, I'm just chef and the maid at the end of the event. Not that I minded doing it, but it was all so much work! Thanks to the fuss made by Dad before the party started, I do not have good pictures of the food that I've been slaving over. What fuss did he make? Well, it all started when I placed all the food on the table, he thought it wasn't enough for our guests, and being the stubborn man he is, we went out to the supermarket to get somemore food. We came back with 4 bags of frozen chicken and sausages, 3 loaves of bread, more Coca-Cola, and 100 sticks of satay(which totally spoiled my theme of a roast dinner!). Well, since he dragged me out, I didn't havethe opportunity to snapp pictures before the guest digged in. And at the end of the dinner party, there were leftovers of almost everything. And the frozen food were untouched, sitting nicely in the freezer. Men! They can't estimate food for a party ! But of course, I love my dad too much to tell him that in his face... We'll just tease him on and off for the whole of next year ! muahaha

Only a small group was still around to toast to Christmas at 12, well not exactly, cos we kinda made a toast at 11.30 pm! And then the cleaning followed, the part that I loath most. As Yi Ling was around for slumber, we stayed up chatting till bout 3am. And then we both crashed. The next day was spent putting away things from the night, and movie marathoning. That was my Christmas! hope you had a good one too,Happy holidays to you !

No comments: