Saturday, December 5, 2009

On a Friday night

It's almost 2am, I'm watching Ugly Betty on the net, it's taking a while to stream it, so I thought I'll write a lil. Was feeling a lil low tonite, I was sitting home doing nothing on a Friday nite, for some unknown reason, it felt pathetic. I asked myself why, it's not that I was out every Friday night back then when I was working. I remembered going shopping alone, head home after that and just spend quality time with myself - reading, surfing the net, etc. It must be this too-much-time on my hands syndrome.. I have all day to do nothing, and then when it's night time, I do nothing again. Gosh, I really need to do something, soon ! The search has been done in vain though.

Last night, I went to Laundry@ The Curve with a friend, it was a spontaneous invitation, we had a drink there while this Fly FM event was happening. Well, besides great music, and a great pint of Strongbow, it was good to be out. I haven't been on a night out since I got back from NZ. Though I was there with my friend, I was very much sitting on my own at the bar enjoying the music. Well, to give him a little credit, he did introduce me to most of the people there, but as they were all with the media industry, I didn't have much to say to them. Just smile and nod. ( I was being polite!) Well, I did talk to some of the people in the group, and got their contacts, should be useful if I want a job there. Sweet as !

Well, I said I WAS feeling a little low, that means I am feeling better now. I had a very good conversation with someone on the phone just now. Yes, I rang him. I wondered if he was suprised to see my name flashing on his phone. or maybe it was just my number. Well, I'm glad I rang him tho, I must have blabbered on for more than half an hour, but it felt good. I went on ranting bout my cute lil cousins, my so called boss, my job hunt and some others. As I chatted with him, I realised how much I missed talking to him, and how well he listened to me. Thanks dear, for everything.

As I sit here alone, upstairs in the hall, I could hear Mom + Dad chatting and laughing away. It's sweet how they have this habit of staying up and chat away in bed. Don't get me wrong here, I am not writing about my parents bedtime activities. It's just that as I sit here watching my Ugly Betty, I could hear Mom laughing away. And then it hit me, it's amazing how my parents are still very much like young love birds at times. I can sometimes here them chatting till 3 , 4 am in the morning, they chat about the weirdest things at times, about going places, about the neighbours, and at times about politics ! After my own episode of emotional trauma, I don't know how much my faith stands about marriage. When I look at wedding pictures of friends on Facebook, it just seems so scary at times ! The most recent one was my two classmates that are high school sweethearts, and got hitched recently. It must be close to 10 years now... Wow.. how did they do it? Would I be able to find that kind of faith and commitment in myself, anytime soon? I wonder..

1 comment:

Used furniture seller said...

wanna be like your parents one day with whoever i end up with :(