Sunday, December 13, 2009

The hiking trip

I don't think I'll ever be a good writer, thanks to my talent in procrastination. Been wanting to put up some pictures of my outing with my lil cousins, took them out to MidValley and The Curve the other day. Snapped some pretty pictures of my babyNatalie. Well, she is 6 years old, but still very much a baby to me !

Was supposed to meet up with a girl friend in One Utama for a girlie session, but due to some reasons on her side, it was called off. Well, I guess the change in plans was good for me as my poor legs do need the rest.
Yesterday I went for a hike at Bukit Tabur with 2 friends. As it was a last minute arrangement, it was just the 3 of us. We only started hiking at 5.20pm, EJ's friend said the hike will only take 2 hours. The hike up consisted of a combination of steep slopes and rocky structures. I find the the rock climbing to be a challenging feat, most of the time I was clinging on for life ! At one point, I think I was such a baby, cos I was stuck in the middle of the rock climbing,not knowing where to put my legs! So I was neither going up nor down ! But I made it in the end, pushed myself up all the day!
Well, thanks to me, who needed countless breaks on the way up, we only got up to the summit (apparently that was only the 2nd highest peak!) close to 7pm. Due to the thick smog, we only managed to catch a glimpse of the sunset. Unlike Ej's friend who is an experienced outdoor activities instructor, we were both beginners at this. As soon it turned dark, both of us got lil worried, and impatient. And going down wasn't easy at all, although there were no more rocky attempts, it was pretty steep and we were trying out best not to slip nor trip over the roots. Luckily Ej's friend had a torch with him, so that was fully utilized by me, shining the way for both me and EJ behind. As we passed by an orchard(we were told it was an orchard, not that I can see that! :P), there were several dogs barking at us, I find that harder than the rocks and slopes ! At that point, we felt like we were a thousand miles away from our icy cold 100 Plus. After the long walk down, we could finally see the main road in front of us. Yay! That was at 8.30pm, so it was exactly 3 hours of hiking. What a workout for me, I almost couldn't feel my legs. We rewarded ourselves with a cold Excel Isotonic, and dinner in Bandar Menjalara. Then we called it a nite.

No comments: