Monday, December 7, 2009

What a day !

It's been a long day. Well, for someone who has been sitting home for a week, I think I had a pretty eventful day. Started with accompanying mom to the wet market, we went out at 10am. Some of you might think, 10 am?? The chickens and fish would be all dead by then, hang on, they are dead already. Our Kepong Baru market is a lil different, as there are probably about 100 stalls of vege, meat, chicken, clothes, breakfast, and misc goods, one is spoiled for choices here. I dare say that there are at least 3 stalls for each category. Having said that, I know for a fact that there is only one stall that sells beansprouts, or locally known as tauge. It was a piece of knowledge that I stumbled across by chance.

After market, I got ready, and left home for the train station. I was going to meet an ex-colleague for lunch - apart from catching up, I needed some HR advice from her. She decided to have lunch in Pizza Hut, urmm... don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like pizza, but I just had it yesterday.. so it was the Garden Salad and a coffee for me. It was good fun chatting and catching up with Sharan, thanks for lunch dear. Then I went up to ME to drop a present for my dear friend, it's a lil kiwi I bought in Queenstown for her. I thought she might need a lil furry company after the hard week she had. *hugs*

I had to head to Labour Office to clear out some issues, and the only way I knew how to get there was to jump on the cab. I have always been a lil paranoid about taking cabs, but I guess taking one in bright daylight, plus the fact that it's just a short distance, I was alright with it. My destination was Menara Perkeso, Jalan Ampang. Only when I got there, I knew it wasn't that far away.
The cab driver was quite friendly, but behind the chatty face, he tried to con my money! As he was going to stop me in front of my destination, the meter read RM6.90, so I pulled out a RM10 note for him, and he quickly said he had no change for that. His excuse was that he just left his house, and this is his first trip, thus not having any small notes with him. I thought that was hard to believe because
1-He is a cab driver, he should have small change with him all the time.
2-He did not even look in his wallet before stating that he had no change.

So I told him to pull over at the petrol station in front, he hesitated a lil, by saying that I will need to walk back. But I quickly said it's fine, and I got him to stop at this Iranian restaurant by the road, quickly got down to get some change. The Iranian man said I was smart because the cab driver was trying to cheat my money. To be honest, it was only at that point that I realised what the cab driver was up to! He was trying to get me to say " Keep the change!" And the fact that I am incomeless now, I wasn't going to part with my 3bucks ! So I walked back to the cab and wanted to pay him RM7.20, but he said " 7 ringgit cukuplar". And so his mission failed.. *grins proudly*

My matters at Labour Office was done within the hour, I am suprised by how efficient they are. I hope to hear from them soon! From the earlier ride on the cab, it didn't seem impossible to walk back towards town. So I slowly walked my way back, passed by several embassies, a few restaurants, a few construction sites, and there I was at a familiar crossroad. Right across the road was the Ampang Park LRT stop, of course, Menara Citibank. It seems like just yesterday where I get off that stop and went upstairs to for work. Oh well...

After walking for a thousand miles, I find myself in the familiar surroundings of KLCC. Since I was out in town, thought I might as well meet a friend for dinner, but the few that I 'ajak-ed' all declined.. so I hopped on the LRT and headed home. Was glad to be home after a long day...

No comments: