Monday, October 5, 2009

memories of the past..

I spent a day with a dear friend, he wanted some company and suggested karaoke, and I agreed. So we sang our heart out for almost 3 hours. I pity the people in the room next to us, cos they had to put up with my horrible singing.

As I walked around Sg Wang, memories of my working days came flashing through my mind. As we made our way to Pavilion for a drink, vivid memories of the many lunches and shopping trips I had appeared before me. We finally decided to have a drink in La Bodega, I decided that I've had enough beer and wine in the past 6 months, so I settled for a refreshing smoothie, and my friend had a German beer. I shared with him my many stories in NZ, mainly about the many people whom I crossed paths with, and also about him. Memories of that first walk, and the first text, the first choc treat, it was all so clear. Being back here in KL, in familiar environments that were once a daily scene, made me feel like I was in a dream for the past 6 months, and everything that happened was just memories, well sweet ones at least.

We spent a goof few hours chatting, and decided to leave before the rush hour. Once again, I walked the familiar path down to KLCC, we were going to take the LRT. I've only been away for 6 months, how would one feel, if one has been away for years? Is it just me that is feeling emotional?

No comments: