Saturday, July 18, 2009

Of ferries and choc pudding

I've finally crossed over the Cook Straits. I'm now in Picton, doing a work exchange in Sequoia Lodge. I have to work a few hours a day, and in return, I get breakfast and bed, and choc pudding!

This hostel boasts of their nightly choc puddings, served with vanilla ice-cream. It is very yum, it is a great that they serve all their guest choc pudding, but its greater that I have been offered the duty to make it now ! It was my first attempt tonight, and it turn out pretty alright.. so I asked Ben if I could make it every night now... he said by all means !! Yay! oh you know me and baking... Can never take that out of me !

Haven't got the slightest idea how I will travel South Island, but I'm sure I have all the time here in Picton to figure that out. Today I had my first go at housekeeping, I had to change the sheets in a few rooms, and did some tidying up. Tomorrow I'm in charge of breakfast ! So I will need to get up at 7am, and lay out the four types of cereal, 4 kinda bread, and 4 different tyes of spread. I likey this job !

It's a good start for me to go into hospitality ! LoL !

No comments: