Thursday, July 16, 2009

All set to sail..

and I've booked my ferry, I'm ready to sail. ( a sing along to "I'm leaving on a jetplane")
Well, my bags are definitely no packed yet, so I gotta do them tonight, and need to sort out my finances a bit, then check the timetables for the bus and train I'll be taking tomorrow.
Finally, I'm heading to South Island, been wanting to be there since April. I remember, at the beginning, I said that I would only spend bout a month in North, and then travel my way down to New Plymouth to see Nana, and then down to Wellington to see Brian & Lillian. Well I did both of that.. only bout 2 months later! But it's all good, I had lotsa fun, and did not regret a single delay.. except for one, which I really should have done it from Day 1 itself. Sigh, this will always be in the corner of my mind. ( G - you would know exactly what it is aye)
For the past few days, there has been so much thoughts in my mind, mainly about my future. Been job hunting for the past 2 days, and to start doing that, I gotta update my CV and write a cover letter. Given the fact that I've probably read more than 100 CVs in the last 3 months of 2008, I should be pretty good at writing my own! But, trust me, it wasn't easy at all ! I had to look at so many sample resumes to finally complete mine. Well, I was probably trying too hard, cos I know what the employers would be thinking when they look at it. ( esp when you have a critical one!)
Anyways, that's done now, and I'm good to go ahead with the job hunt. And no, it's not a real impressive one. I basically listed down everything I did in the past few years, and made it a simple, straight forward one. Applied for a few today, and let's just keep my fingers crossed!
If anyone of you were to pay attention to world news, you would have read about the earthquake down south. I was on my bed texting a friend around that time, and my bed rattled for a few seconds. To be honest I didn't know there was an earthquake till a friend down in Singapore texted me an hour later, asking if I was alright. The exact question was " are you ok ????" notice the 4 question marks? Thanks my dear..
But here's the news clip..
July 16 (Bloomberg) -- New Zealand was spared a destructive tsunami after a magnitude-7.8 earthquake struck off its South Island, the U.S. Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said.
A tsunami warning issued by the center was in effect for about 2 1/2 hours after the quake hit at 9:22 p.m. New Zealand time yesterday, with the residents of Auckland and Wellington advised of a possible threat, according to e-mailed alerts. No other countries in the Pacific were affected. The quake was followed by a magnitude-5.8 aftershock 19 minutes later.
Interesting to know.

No comments: