Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pinchos & Reggae Bar

Today is a public holiday, hence the partying last night !

Well, it wasn't that much of a party, but it was a girls night out. Patricia and I have not seen each other for a long time, for at least a month? Well, we make it a point to meet up at least once a month, it was supposed to be a trio gathering, but let's leave that out of the picture for now.

Last night, Patricia brought me to Pinchos, a Spanish pub along Changkat Bukit Bintang. We ordered some tapas, and she had a glass of Sangria while I tried the Peach Sangria. It was a mixture of white wine with peach syrup/liquer. I still prefer the one in La Bodega. We sat at the bar, and I was fascinated by the slab of ham sitting in front me! And then I remembered what darling told me, this must be the Serrano ham! The layers of fat around the pork leg was at least 2 inches thick, mmm I can almost imagine the creamy taste of the ham slices..
After 2 drinks and some good chat, we left Changkat and headed home. On the way home, we passed by Reggae Bar, and thought we'll make a stop since I have never been there. It was a nice cozy bar, reminds me of the hippy bar in Queenstown! Ah, the backpackers lifestyle.. One last drink of vodka puts a cap to the night. And so we went home as happy as a doll.

No comments: