Monday, August 10, 2009

updates from down south

Been 2 weeks since I left Picton, been doing quite a bit of travelling with Lais, yet another German girl. We drove down ( technically SHE drove) the West Coast of South Island, and our last stop together was Te Anau, which is the connection to Milford Sound. We spent 2 nights in Te Anau waiting for them to clear the road after avalanche , but that didn't happen in 2 days. So I hopped on the Naked Bus and got to Queenstown on my own. And just in case you are wondering, NO, we dun get in the bus naked. ;P

Queenstown , Day 7, to be honest, I'm gettin a bit bored of this place. Don't get me wrong, Queenstown is a happening place, it's like a Sat night every night ! But if you are not a lil rich to splurge on the adrenaline pumped activities, or the snow sports, you can be bored, and it's so much more expensive to eat out here too ! Then again, i guess if you have got nothing much to fill your hands in the day, you can be pretty bored living anywhere !!
It's a good thing that I managed to get myself into this lil job at night. It's something that I should be pretty good at by now. I work 6.30PM - midnight, 5 nights a week. It involves a lot of persistence, talking and sometimes to bear with some swearing. Yup, I'm on a telemarketing job. It's so funny when I got in on the first day, and found out that I had to make calls to Australia. I can't run away from that can I ? Obviously the 2.5 years at ME trained me hard to bear with the nasty people at the other end. Then again, I AM the nasty one, don't think I will fancy being bugged by someone on the phone, especially after a long day at work, and you trying to make tea. ( *Tea means dinner btw)

Oh no, the negative thoughts are coming in, stay positive amanda, embrace the job, you need to love it to make a sale! am bearing with it as it supports my wait in Queenstown for Milford Road to clear up, and it also pays for my bed!

Looks like a cloudy day outside, maybe I'll go for a walk, just maybe. Legs are a bit sore from the Queenstown hill track yesterday, which i carelessly not bring my camera, and clumsily fell down.. sighh


No comments: