Monday, August 24, 2009

From a farm to the sea

Meanderine Farm Stay
That was where I was for 5 days, it was a fun filled stay on the lovely farm with the many animals. The farm is in North Loburn, Rangiora - that's 30 mins from Christchurch. Therese has been woofing on this farm for bout a month, and her host said it was ok for me to stay a few days if I was willing to do some work for a few hours. And I am damn glad I did go and stay with her instead of coming straight to Akaroa. The farm was a lovely place, there were hundreds of animals on it! Well if you count all the ducks, geese, chickens and the fishes.. I think there should be 500 animals. When i first enter the living room, the dogs were just jumping on me... and I wasn't used to that at all. Well, I do like dogs, but I'm scared of them most of the time.. but after 5 days with Bailey, Sherry, Rummy, Gin & Kahlua..they all love me now ! Yeah I am such an alcoholic... hehe

Katy came by to visit us on the farm on Wed cos HER mountain was shut for the day, so we went for walks and player Rumikarb and had an amazing dinner. Wouter - Therese's host makes the best macaroni ever ! It was such a nice evening, it was like the good ol times, and the only thing missing is Caz's presence..
The next day, we all went on a lil roadtrip ! woo hoo... Well, I have to be in Akaroa to work of course..but it was nice that the girls came with me and stayed one night. We biked around the Akaroa and had fish and chips.It was a good weekend, and a good break for Therese.

So there's where I am at the moment.. Chez La Mer, in Akaroa...

Au Revoir...

No comments: