Saturday, August 22, 2009

life after queenstown..

1st stop-Dunedin

After being in Queenstown for 10 days, I began to feel a lil sick. ..But as soon as the updates of the condition of Milford Road came in, and I accepted the position in Akaroa, the bigger picture was much clearer. So I finally made that trip down to Milford Sound, and it was just amazing! I wonder if it's possible to be overdose on beautiful sceneries.

After a long day of travelling from Queenstown to Milford Sound, I still had to pack my bags as I was leaving for Dunedin at 7.45am the next day. I'm tired, but I really can't wait to move on ! The driver was a very nice man who offered bits and pieces about the places that we pass by. It's a great way to know the surroundings. 4 hours later, we reached Dunedin, and the first thought that crossed my mind was " Boy do I love this city !!" It was so different, such a classic one! I put my heavy rucksack over my bag and began to walk towards Hogwartz -the backpacker that I wanted to stay in ( and supposed to work in).After a few very steep streets. I find myself standing infront of a huge building with the tiniest gate ever, and on it was the name Hogwartz. As I pushed open the gate, I find another flight of stairs ! Gosh, when I finally set my bags on the ground, I couldn't feel my back at all ! But it was all worth it, because it is a very nice hostel, and there were no bunk beds, just nicely made single beds in warm cozy rooms.

I did a bit of exploring that afternoon, on foot of course. This other Malaysian girl who was wwoofing in the hostel showed me around town. We walked to University of Otago, Dunedin Library, Dunedin Railway Station and the many churches in town. Took some pictures of the beautiful buildings too.

Day 2 in Dunedin - I had an early start, 8am. I managed to visit the Baldwin St, did the Cadbury tour, the Speights Brewery Tour, the library again and some cute lil shops in town. Decided that I should move on again, after a few texts and some mind battling thoughts, I booked on a bus to Christchurch the next day. Am goin to stay with Therese on 'her' farm for a few days.


2nd stop - Christchurch , 30 mins.

Arrived in Christchurch at 8pm, after 6 hours on the bus.. Gosh that was a long ride..Was so glad to see Therese, and will be living with her on the farm for a few days !

No comments: