Thursday, February 18, 2010

Gong Hei Gong Hei - Nien Chor Yat

That's first day of Chinese New year to you bananas out there ( Nope, I did not forget that I'm one myself!)

Every year on Chor Yat, all the uncles and aunties will flock to visit my grandmother at Jln Ipoh. And we missed that each year of course. So this year, we decided to come down to KL for the day to join the fun at Grandma's house ( mommy's mom). We got ourselves ready, wished my paternal grandparents in the morning and then left Bentong at 10.30am. We made a pit stop back home to pick up all the new year goodies that Mom & I have packed earlier. CNY is also about giving and receiving, it's customary to exchange a package consisting of mandarin oranges, peanuts and other sweeties.

Indeed it was very very festive at popo's house, everyone was clad in their best bright colours, and a wide array of food was spread over the table. I can't remember how much cookies and packet drinks I took! *gulp*

Apparently, my group of cousins prepares a performance for all each year. This year, they danced to 2 songs, Nobody by Wonder Girls, and Lady Gaga's Pokerface. It's hilarious to see them dance and sing along. Jonathan and Joash perfomed MJ dance moves, Smooth Criminal and Billy Jean. My my, what hidden talents in the family !

At the end of the day, we were exhausted with the long day of visiting, eating, photo taking and talking. But it was a fruitful day, as we went home with a huge stack of red packets ! Travelled back to Bentong in the evening.

Pics of the day...


Generation Ys


Gong Xi Gong Xi


The Fabulous Four


With our beloved mommy and her mommy :)

2 comments:

chim-chimz said...

wow....big family....so many people in the pictures.....

Amanda said...

My grandfather is a great man with many kids ;)