Sunday, November 21, 2010

Backdated: Birthday dinner @ La Risata with Patricia

Patricia took me out to this lovely Italian place hidden amon the hustle bustle of Ampang's traffic, well we did find the place only after a few wrong turns. But it was all worth the find. Well, she's been there before, just not during the night. All dressed up for the night, I was looking forward to a lovely birthday dinner with my BFF whom I've known for 10 years now. Originally, I did a collage of all the photos, but I thought it didnt do justice to the amazing food.. so here's the bigger version
The interior of the restaurant


Gnocchi ai Gamberi
I never quite fancied gnocci as I am afraid of the floury texture, but this is a must try! The gnocchi has a slight crispy texture in the outside, light and fluffy inside, with a tinge of sweetness. Perfectly complemented with generous cuts of fresh prawns. Yum!


Grillled mushrooms-
a refreshing starter, tossed in a nice blend of herbs and served with garden greens.
Don't need to count calories with this one!


Can't remember the exact name, but it's fettucine with scallops and mushrooms, cooked in a cream gravy. It was a rare decision of mine to order this, as I could never finished a creamy pasta. Nevertheless, for carbonara lovers, you will find this dish an indulgence. With generous amount of scallops and mushrooms, and a creamy gravy, you'll find it hard to not lick the plate!


Ravioli di Pesce
Each piece of ravioli is a lovely combination of a thin rolled out pasta with chunky pieces of fish, and swimming in a creamy salmon grave. It was definitely a good pick!


Last but not least, my BFF and partner in crime since high school, one whom I've shared my deeepest and darkest secrets with. Thank you for the lovely dinner. hugs

The girls then continued to Lil Havana at Changkat Bukit Bintang, for a nice cold glass of cider.

La Risata
26, Persiaran Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia 55000
Contact : 03452629
Fax : 0340579503

No comments: