Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weddings and more

Just got home from Khairil's wedding. It was a lovely reception, and a rather different concept as to what you would usually see at a Malay wedding reception. It was a seat down dinner at Balai Felda, and it wasn't a free seating dinner like most Malay receptions. I was seated at the France table with all the other ex-colleagues from ME. The ceremony did not start till bout 9pm, when the dashing groom walked in with his lovely bride in a suit and the most gorgeous evening gown. Darn, now I wished I brought my camera. I have known Khairil for bout 4 years now, worked together in ME for 1 year plus, and then the one month in FL. Am so happy to see him and his sweetheart tie the knot.
(Attended Zaleha's wedding too, it was yesterday at Dewan Taman Keramat. Took some pictures of the lovely couple, and her beautiful cake! Will find time to upload them.)

Been attending quite a few wedding receptions this year, or rather since the end of last year.
And as usual, the norm is when people start asking " When's your turn?". Am more than happy to brush off that question by saying, " one day ya.." or my usual reply to my mom" You slowly wait lar" But gee, it never really got to me till tonight, when I looked at Khairil walk down the aisle with his lovely bride, can't help feeling happy for him as I recall his stories of their ups and down. It affects me more when I think of it that way, about how two person has made it through so much, and finally the wedding day comes. Am just feeling a wee bit emotional tonight.
Oh, I'll just go to bed.

Good nite.

No comments: