Thursday, July 14, 2011

My grandmother, My superwoman

My grandmother whom I fondly call "Ma Ma" is not well and lying in the hospital now. The sweet looking lady, whom I have always regard as a energetic, talkative, hardworking, very much a superwoman, is now frail and quiet on the hospital bed. One close look at her, made me realised how much she has aged. She is no longer the strong old lady, who could once carry a basket of vegetables over her shoulder, worked long hours tendering to her crops, and spoke as loud as a teacher and performed many other strenous tasks.

The doctor said we might lose her. The doctor said we just have to be prepared in case the blood clot expands. I'm praying hard now. I hope that she will pull through this time. For herself.. for us..

I love you Ma Ma.

No comments: