Wednesday, September 1, 2010

KTM - ladies coach

It was just any other day when I was returning from work, as usual, I waited at the ladies only waiting area. Yes, the KTM does have a coach dedicated to females only. Yes, female is the word. But I suppose there are many still men out there who conveniently stroll in the ladies coach. It's either they can't read, or they are just bloody ignorant about the signboard.(You can't really miss it, as it's pink and all over the coach)
On this evening, as I enter the Ladies Coach, it being a peak hour, the train was pretty packed, and one man was spotted seated quietly at the corner. He obviously made no effort to leave the coach despite receiving stares from the women in train. And out of the blue, a Malay lady walked right up to him, and said
" Excuse me, this is a ladies coach, ladies only !"
The man stood up and walked toward the door leading to the other coach. Just when I thought the lady was going to take the seat, she did not. She strolled to the other end of the coach, as if she was inspecting every bit of the coach. At the next stop, a man entered the coach, again the lady came walking from the other end and shoo-ed him away. Honestly, I was very impressed with her courage and attitude to stand up for all-ladies policy. I think that is exactly that extra dash of courage that we all need, at the end of the day, it is up to us to voice out if we were uncomfortable with the male presence in the train.
3 cheers for the heroine of the day !

No comments: